Thursday, December 14, 2017

Good Intentions Don't Cut It

In my last post, I complained that I've been unfocused, and I would start by getting up early yesterday.

I didn't anticipate that I would have a horrible night's sleep. I was up a little later than planned because we watched the coverage of the Alabama Senate race--thank you black women of Alabama. Then I just couldn't get to sleep. I was uncomfortable, my pillow didn't feel right, Jeff was snoring, my feet got cold, I had to pee. Ugh.

Needless to say, I wasn't ready to bound out of bed in the morning. I forced myself to get up around 7. I could barely keep my eyes open the first few minutes. I told myself it was foolish to go to the gym when I was so tired. I honestly don't know if that was a reasoned decision or just a cop out.

It was bitterly cold. It would warm up later, but the wind strength would increase. I took Lola to Schenck's Island around 10. Later I went food shopping, did a little cleaning and had my first session for my new ACT class. I even managed to exercise.

At least the day wasn't a complete loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment