Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Week Between

I had thought about how to describe this week, "limbo"?  How would I title this post? It's the last week of the year, but I'm not ready for year-end analysis or new year goals and resolutions just yet.

I had a much nicer Christmas than expected--specifically the time spent with Jeff's sister and her family. It was relaxed and fun from Christmas Eve dinner through Christmas morning. I didn't want to stay overnight originally, but it worked out well for us.

***
I always hated to to back to work the day after Christmas. I felt guilty Tuesday morning as Jeff got up at 5:30. I didn't work this week. I planned to get many things done. As usual, I didn't succeed. I did a little bit of everything--TPR work, cleaning/organizing, shopping, cooking. Maybe cooking was my best category: in addition to dinners, I made carrot-ginger soup and marinara sauce and froze about half of both.
***
It's been a cold week--temperatures barely making it into the twenties. It wasn't conducive for long walks or hikes. The longest walk Lola and I had this week was 35 minutes. Today it snowed for most of the day. Luckily it didn't amount to much. It did mess up my plan to go to the gym this morning. Instead, I exercised here--it was better than nothing. Jeff and I took Lola for a walk up our street--a first for Lola. She was a little skittish when cars passed by, but did well. I hope it's the first of many neighborhood walks for her.
***

We're down to our last few days of drinking. Every year we stop drinking around New Year's Day. I think January 1st will be our last day this year. We'll have a long weekend. Jeff likes to have a beer on Super Bowl Sunday. I'll wait until Valentine's Day. In 2018, it's on a Wednesday. I don't know if we'll celebrate that day or the Saturday before or after. For now we're enjoying some red wine. Champagne tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment