Saturday, December 9, 2017

Snow Day

It started snowing around 8:30 this morning. I got Lola to Taylor Farm by 7:30. I didn't know when the snow would start, but knew it would be snowing off-and-on all day.

Lola and I spent just about an hour at Taylor Farm. First I saw a snowflake out of the corner of my eye. Next I felt a few flakes. By the time we left, the snowflakes still hadn't coalesced. I grabbed a coffee and glazed blueberry donut at Dunkin Donuts on the way home. Since then I've been a homebody.

Jeff's away this weekend. I had planned a few fun things to do, but wanted to use this weekend to get some things done around the house. With the snow day, I gave up the outside plans (except of course for the dog park with Lola.) Yesterday I made broth using rotisserie chickens. Today I separated chicken, broth and bones, etc. to make a broth for Lola--she loves chicken broth--and some orzo, white bean chicken soup for Jeff and me. I made a double batch of flank steak, black bean chili--it's still cooking on low in the crockpot.

I filed papers away, went through and organized all the instruction and warranty brochures, and tossed some outdated papers. I did a few sewing repairs. I didn't get around to any cleaning besides dishes, but tomorrow is another day.

I watched one of my noir movies. Angel Face. I had seen part of it before, but the ending was a shocker.

A pretty productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment