Sunday, March 10, 2019

Funk and Frustration

I've been in a funk for about three weeks now.

I can't seem to get anything done or make any progress. I've barely written, haven't gone to the gym, and have stacks of papers and books all around me that need to be organized, filed, put away, etc. Needless to say, the condo is a mess.

About 95 percent of this is on me. I'm prone to procrastination, I'm easily distracted and inefficient..

The 5 percent?  Those were times when I was ready to do something but didn't have the information I needed.

It didn't help my mood to deal with several days of snow. Only one snowfall was significant--eight inches. Yes, I know we've had a mild winter with very little snow. But it was like a punch to the gut to get our biggest storm in March. In January or February, it would have been expected.

Now it's warming, so we'll have several days of puddles and mud. Ugh.

I know that I need to do things--any step in the right direction--to get out of this funk.I need to do more than the minimum: something.

No comments:

Post a Comment