Tuesday, May 21, 2019

An Almost Perfect Day

I started this post on Sunday evening, but got distracted by making dinner and watching Game of Thrones. Then last night I dozed off around 8:30.

This is about our Sunday. I had planned to go to the gym. I should have dressed immediately, had coffee and grabbed something to eat, and then headed out. Instead I lingered. Around 9, I decided I could only justify not going to the gym if I exercised and cleaned the kitchen floor before we went out.

And I did.

While I cleaned and exercised, Jeff took Lola to Oyster Shell Park. He also took her out Saturday. That gave me two days off from a high pollen environment. I can only handle about 30 minutes without feeling my throat start to close up. I usually walk Lola for about 45-50 minutes.

Around 12:30 we went to a friend's house to celebrate another friend's birthday. Chris's birthday is Tuesday and mine is the next day, so she wanted to include me. We had prosecco and fruit tart.

Jeff, Lola, and I went on Barks and Beers, a fundraiser for PAWS. It was held at Lock City Brewing Company. We weren't familiar with that brewery so were glad to try a new one. It was pretty crowded and we didn't want to overwhelm Lola so we didn't stay long. Apparently, it's always dog friendly so we may return.

We decided to at least drive by the Beer Garden in Stamford. It wasn't too busy, so we stayed and had beers and tacos. I liked it better than Jeff did.




On our way home we visited Tilley Pond Park. When I taught classes in Darien, I drove by this park many times. Finally we visited. We saw these babies.






A nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment