Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Book Eight: Lie Down With The Devil by Linda Barnes

This book was the latest in the Carlotta Carlyle series--published in 2008. I want more. My memory is vague about the events before this book. Now I realize that I haven't read the previous book, Heart of the World. I'm not sure how that happened, but at least I understand why I don't remember the Paolina kidnapping plot. Back to the library, I returned Lie Down with the Devil and took out Heart of the World today.

Just found a newish book--2015's Further Adventures of Carlotta Carlyle with three previously published short stories. I may have read one.

In some ways, Lie Down with the Devil could be the finale of the Carlotta novels. We learn more about the child she had at 15 and gave up for adoption, and  she makes a major decision about what man will be in her life going forward.

I hope Carlotta will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment