Tuesday, May 28, 2019

What's for Dinner?

We had a nice DPF on Friday night: a good turnout of about 13 people and several dogs as well as beautiful weather.

I had planned to have salmon for dinner on Friday, but didn't feel like cooking. Instead we got a pizza from Davinci's on our way home. Next time we get a free pizza.

Now on to the salmon. Usually Pagano's carries an organic salmon and King Salmon. On Friday morning, I saw Copper River Salmon for $48 a pound. I asked why the price was so much higher than the other salmons. I got a mixed answer; it was marketing, but the salmon was worth it. So I splurged.

I read up a bit on Copper River Salmon; I guess we got a deal--it's usually around $60 a pound. I read some recipes and kept it simple: salt, pepper, olive oil, white wine, lemon juice, and fresh garlic. I cooked a vegetable medley of broccoli, peppers, garlic, and spinach. Earlier we had bruschetta as an appetizer.

The salmon was really good; I'm glad we tried it. Maybe $40/pound is okay every once in a while, but $60 is too much.

In the opposite of a splurge is Monday's $8.00 steak and side dinner at Sedona Taphouse.

Good eating all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment