Tuesday, June 18, 2019

A Soggy Tuesday and Miscellaneous Catch-Up

We started three or four days of off-and-on rain. I had hoped to get Lola out before it started pouring. We went to Oyster Shell Park and got soaked. We took a slow loop around the park; apparently the scents were quite enticing. I'll get her out again later when we get a window of dry weather.

***

Thursday night I went to a workshop at the Rowayton Arts Center: Collage and Cocktails. It was okay. I wish we had more raw materials. RAC supplied poster board and some painted papers and a few magazines. I brought some of my things (stickers, sayings, etc.) but no one else did. It was my first artist date in a long time. 

***

Saturday afternoon Jeff, Lola, and I went for a walk on the west side of the Wilton loop of the Norwalk River Valley Trail. We parked in a shopping center, walked around a soccer field through Merwin Meadows Park along the river. We decided to stop for a drink afterward at a relatively new restaurant, Red Rooster Pub, which allowed dogs in its patio area. We ordered jalapeno margaritas. 

It's a nice spot; the only downside is that we were seated next to a large window of the hair salon next door and could see people getting color and cuts. Next time we'll avoid the two tables next to the window.

We weren't hungry, but checked out the menu anyway. I liked that it offered a duck bacon BLT and cooked Brussels sprouts with duck bacon. I also liked the make your own salad option. We'll go back for lunch sometime.




The picture doesn't quite capture how it felt to sit there among the green. Strangely enough it reminded me of a lunch we had on our honeymoon in St. Thomas. It was just a sense of familiarity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment