Sunday, June 23, 2019

Summer is Here

Friday was the first day of summer. It didn't start as summer. Somehow someone figured out a precise time that summer began. If I recall correctly, it was 11:34 AM.

Spring did not leave quietly. It continued it's fourth straight day of rain showers. Summer prevailed; it was a beautiful, sunny late afternoon and evening. We had a surprisingly small DPF: five people and three dogs.

Yesterday Jeff and I followed a walk on the NRVT with a late lunch at Red Rooster Pub in Wilton. We enjoyed the jalapeno margaritas on the patio so much last week that we returned. I had a hibiscus pomegranate margarita and quesadilla. Jeff had an Ommegang Hennepin and the Northern Exposure elk burger. We shared shishito peppers. Lola got bites from both of us.

I need to start working on my summer fun list. We had a good start with a string of DPF's, visiting the Stamford Beer Garden, and going to the Craft Beer Festival. Next week is the Norwalk Art Festival at Mathews Park--a nice walk for us.

I want to eat lobster rolls on the water, go to outdoor concerts, and make a mojito salad. I'm also going to sign up for a writing class and join a poetry group. 

Summer is here; I want to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment