Tuesday, June 11, 2019

On My Mind

This post has been over a week in the making. That is I wanted to write a general post for about a week. Just didn't get to it for whatever reason. The longer I waited to post, the more things I thought about. Here goes.

Dog Park Friday 

After a slow start when it seemed to rain every Friday, we've enjoyed four consecutive DPF's with great weather.  Our first DPF of the season started small: three people, two dogs, one bottle of wine. Doesn't Lola look lonely?



The last few weeks were much better with about a dozen people and six or seven dogs (and more wine.)

Beer

Last Saturday, Jeff and I went to the Craft Beer Festival at Oyster Shell Park. It was a perfect day, unlike last year when it was so hot. We liked walking there and back so we could take advantage of trying all the beers. We also had some liquor from local distilleries and non-alcoholic beers to sample.

Jeff's dad's birthday was Friday; he would have been 93. His nickname is Zot. Several years ago, Jeff and I came across this beer:


We gave it to Jeff's dad for birthday, father's day or something. Obviously, he never drank it and Jeff inherited it after his death. We toasted Zot Friday night.

Walking

Nice weather with a light schedule the last month has made it easy to take longer walks with Lola. I'd say we average an hour walk each day. We spend a lot of time on the NRVT and at Taylor Farm. There's also Winslow Park, Schenck's Island, Bradley Park, and Cranbury Park.

I read somewhere that just 20 minutes outside can have a beneficial effect. It's vague because I'm too lazy to research this now. I'm enjoying being with Lola (until she rolls in poop) and having a (mostly) peaceful time and place to think. Just wish the pollen count would plunge.

Reading and Writing

I'm saving this for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment