Saturday, January 25, 2020

2020 Plans, Goals, Hopes, and Dreams--Part 1

A bit more than resolutions.

I've been thinking about my plans for this year for some time--especially over the last month. Jeff and I have had many changes in our lives over the past few years. I'm at a crossroads age. Oh, have to think of a more elegant way to say that.

I realized that I didn't list any goals for 2019. I looked on this blog, in a file on my pc, and in journal from last January. I guess I just recycled 2018 goals.

Here are the 2018 goals for reference:
  • Stop drinking for about six weeks until Valentine's Day
  • Go to the gym 150 times
  • Write 255 blog posts
  • Write 500 words two days a week
  • Read 20 books
  • Do job search activities for 10 hours each week
  • Turn off TV at least two nights a week
  • Write one letter/long email each week
  • Sleep eight hours each night
Some of these are still my goals for 2020.
  • Stop drinking for about six weeks until Valentine's Day--we're halfway through this today.
  • Go to the gym 150 times--I haven't come close to this goal, and I've had it for at least three years. I still say it's doable--about three visits a week. Since I've made going to the gym a priority in October, I've been 37 times through December (and was away a week at Christmas.) In 2020, I've already gone 14 times. I just need to keep it up. 
  • I want to resurrect an older goal as well: exercise at least a half hour each day. I know I didn't exercise on New Year's Day, but I think I've managed a half hour on days I didn't get to the gym. It's not that hard to do some light stretching or balance poses.
  • Blogging: I had picked 255 posts because it's roughly five posts a week and I did write 253 posts in 2013. (Last year's total was 135.) I've rethought this goal. In November, my goal was to write a post every day. I decided it was too arbitrary; that may also be true of 255 posts. Plus I want to make sure I have time for other writing. How about 200 blog posts?
  • Speaking of other writing: I want to keep the goal: write 500 words two days a week. I only maintained it for two days, so I have a lot of work to do here.
  • More on writing: I'm going to write poetry. I'm going back to the poetry group, and I'm going to read more poetry.
More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment