Friday, January 31, 2020

2020 Plans, Goals, Etc--Part II

Didn't think it would take me this long to return to this topic.

Reading: Read 25 books. Last year I read 24, re-read The Handmaid's Tale and parts of Gone with the Wind.

So far this year, I've read three books: City of Endless Night, The Money Drunk, and The Obsidian Chamber. 

I also read three poetry books: Art & Text, Woman-Words by Marylou Kelly Streznewski, and Inverse Origami by Mar Walker. The first is the companion to this exhibit; the second is by an author I met at the International Women's Writing Guild summer conference in 1998; the third is by a poet I met at a reading by another poet I knew from another writer's conference. I haven't decided on a set number of poetry books to read this year. I'll just play it by ear.

Job Search: At some point in the last two years, I abandoned my job search. I was busy with my mother's care and later her estate. I still get daily emails about job openings which I read occasionally, but will just work on my current part-time job.

Health: I've already written about working out. I also want to sleep better/get more sleep. I've been good about getting into bed earlier and not stressing too much about sleep or the lack thereof. I'm not sure I need a full eight hours of sleep; I seem to do fine on 7-7.5.

This year, I'm going to get a physical, shots such as a shingles vaccine, just take care of many things I've neglected. Already in January, I've been to the gynecologist and eye doctor, and had a mammogram and bone density test.

Finance/Legal: I need to get both fiances and legal matters in order.

Creativity: I want to do more "arty" things. This is a vague goal. I went to some artist receptions and open houses in the fall, and want to do more. I'd like to hear live music--never seem to do that anymore. I want to work on art journals. I recently read an issue of Art Journal which was inspiring, but I can't seem to give myself permission to work on a journal. It will just add to the mess that I need to clean and organize.

That leads me to Cleaning/Organizing goals: boring I know. The worst thing about cleaning is that it never ends. Everything gets dirty or in disarray again. But I want to try to stay on top of it more/better. I've been going through and getting rid of things I don't use/want. That has to be helping, right?

Finally (though I reserve the right to add or edit goals and plans) trips to plan. Jeff and I are planning to move somewhere south of here in the next few years. We need to explore some areas. I want to go on New Hope (Bucks County) Pennsylvania. I remember New Hope fondly--going there for plays on high school trips--and seeing some cute shopping areas. The area has beer, wine, and ice cream trails. Intriguing. I also have an invitation to visit Baltimore. Research!


No comments:

Post a Comment