Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Book Nine: The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir

I was happy to see this book at the latest library book sale. Years ago, I read The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey. It convinced me that Henry VII and not Richard III killed the princes. I had my own copy; that's one of the books I regret giving away/downsizing (another is Rebecca.)

I don't remember many details. I do remember that the narrator thought it significant there was no contemporary reports of Richard's involvement. But Weir shows that there were contemporary accusations, but people had to be circumspect when making such accusations against a king. I respect Weir's scholarship, and she's very convincing. 

I'd like to re-read The Daughter of Time; I don't think I would find it as convincing as I once did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment