Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Book 23: One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

This is the first of the Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter series. The 30th novel will be published in October. I read this book in two days, so obviously I enjoyed it. It reminded me a bit of Sue Grafton's Kinsey Milhone, but Kinsey was much more professional. 

Stephanie is naive and kind of dumb in her dealings with nefarious criminals though she does succeed in the end. I expect she'll become more proficient with each book. She did become a crack shot in the first. I didn't like her dysfunctional relationship with her quarry Joe Morelli. Apparently, it will continue through more books. 

Stephanie lives in Trenton, New Jersey. As someone who lived in South Jersey for my first 20 years, I was annoyed by what I feel were anti-Jersey comments. But since Evanovich grew up in South River, New Jersey, I guess I can let it go. 

I'll look for more of the books, and I'm intrigued to see the film of the first book on Prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment