Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Countdown

I haven't written in over a week--no surprise that I've been getting ready for Christmas. Today I finished wrapping the presents, but received two unexpected gifts. I guess my shopping is incomplete.

I couldn't sleep last night; I was awake until at least three. It wasn't any specific thing--my mind seemed to race from topic to topic. I was tired but somehow not tired enough to sleep.

Jeff did the grocery shopping today--that was a huge help. While he was gone, I dusted and vacuumed the living room and dining area and started wrapping. I was surprised to have everything done before dinner, which Jeff made. It's nice to relax tonight.

Tomorrow I'm making Christmas breakfast--scrambled eggs with cheese, veggies, bread, sometimes meat, baked in stoneware. Then I'll make the scalloped potatoes for Christmas Eve dinner and a carrot salad with dried cherries, cranberries and raisins. Then we just have to pack up the car and be on our way.

Hoping for a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment