Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Seasoning

Last night we set up our two five-feet artificial Christmas trees and put out candles, pictures, Santas and angels. We used to get a real tree until a particularly busy Christmas season. I was working in equipment leasing and had to finish several transactions before year end. Jeff was working two jobs. Getting a tree was more hassle than it was worth. Shopping on Christmas Eve, we found our first artificial tree. As silly as it was, I felt guilty for not having a tree; our last minute purchase assuaged my guilt.

Later I bought a second tree. I don't miss the real one--oh the scent is nice but the falling needles are a pain.

I've had a tough year. I was hoping to jump start the holiday spirit by decorating early. It hasn't worked out as I planned but at least I'm not in a Scrooge frame of mind.

It's time for me to break out It's A Wonderful Life, Christmas in Connecticut and An Echolls Family Christmas (from Veronica Mars.)

No comments:

Post a Comment