Monday, December 13, 2010

On a morning, gray and dreary

I headed out for a walk with Spike before eight. It was damp and raw but not raining.

He stopped at the top of the front stairs, resisting my efforts to descend. I got him down to the first landing--he stopped again and then jumped off to the grass next to the steps and sat down. He peered into a unit after hearing a woman near the window. Then he looked over to another unit--with lights on in the kitchen and dining room. Spike obviously wasn't in the mood to walk. "We're going to the dog park," I told him.

It was a good move. The park was apparently redolent with aromas, which Spike carefully investigated. He ran over to greet and then pounce on Daisy, a golden retriever. We did a loop with Ella, Maisie and their human.

I caught a glimpse of red among the trees. I think it was a cardinal but couldn't get close enough to confirm.

It's supposed to be bitterly cold tomorrow--this may be our last visit for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment