Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Derailed Days

I know intellectually that I can't expect days to go as I plan. When I woke up on Sunday, I had a clear idea of what my day would be. Besides my normal morning routine, Jeff, Spike and I had breakfast together. Sunday is the only day we plan to have breakfast together and it hadn't worked out for a few weeks. It was a nice change. Then I headed out to three tutorial appointments.

My last student didn't show--she had misread the schedule. I was tutoring a block away from her home beforehand so that wasn't a big problem. But then I had to reschedule that student--she's taking the ACT in three weeks and has been away for two--we were running out of time. I was able to reschedule her for Monday by changing a dinner date with my mother. While it was not a major problem, it took me an hour or so to resolve.

The next day I had a more serious setback--the battery on my computer died. We looked for the universal remote adapter cord that we bought when my last laptop had a similar problem. But it wasn't universal enough to fit my new laptop. Onto researching other universal adaptors--Jeff picked up another on sale (thanks for small favors) but the laptop still didn't work. It's now in for repair. Another day derailed.

I have a tendency to let these things throw me off. And I was thrown off the last two days. I need to focus on what I did do instead.

At least I got my tax paperwork organized for the accountant--hooray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment