Thursday, March 1, 2012

What's Cooking?

I thought I might have cooked myself out last week. Ironically, it all started with me not wanting to cook at all on Monday. I was so lethargic--all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and read even though I needed to go shopping. Jeff picked up salmon on the way home from the dog park. I told Jeff if he cooked dinner, I'd cook for the rest of the week. He agreed.

I went food shopping Tuesday afternoon and got rotisserie chicken and took the easy way out. Dinner on Tuesday was chicken, stuffing mix and salad.

But I started real cooking the next day. By the end of the week, I made chicken sausage-black bean-potato-chicken broth pan fry;  chicken soup; ground buffalo-white bean chili; ropa vieja.

One of the nice things about this kind of batch cooking is that I make enough food for at least two meals. But it's all gone now.





No comments:

Post a Comment