Friday, March 16, 2012

Season Finales

This week I watched two season finales of reality TV shows. My responses are vastly different.

Let's start with the good.

Face Off
Face Off opens a door to the make-up and special effects industry. It's fun and fascinating to watch how the artists create their persons/creatures. This year contestants created/recreated characters from the Wizard of Oz, Tim Burton films, animal/plant hybrids among others.

The second season ended on Wednesday. It was my first experience watching reality TV when I loved the three finalists. Rayce, Ian and RJ  were talented, nice and appreciative of the others' talents.

In the finale, each contestant (with assistance from previously eliminated contestants) created three figures in these genres: sci fi for Rayce, horror for Ian and fantasy for RJ.
Rayce won.

I'm psyched that the show has been renewed for season three and that season three will begin in June.

Now the bad: Jersey Shore.

I started watching Jersey Shore because it takes place in Seaside Heights, within walking distance of my cousin's home in Ortley Beach where I spent many a summer vacation. I got sucked in; it's hard to describe why. There was just something about the roommates that was fun to watch. Based on the show's ratings, many agreed with me.

Now in its fifth season, the show is just played out: people getting drunk, behaving badly, trashing houses. Enough is enough. The roommates have reached their expiration dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment