Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Memorable Lines: Girls Edition

I regularly watch Game of Thrones and True Blood and HBO is big on promoting its new shows. I started watching VEEP to see Julia Louis-Dreyfus and figured I might as well check out Girls.

Frankly, I don't get all the praise. I'm interested enough that I watched all episodes. It's not funny, which is the usual standard for a comedy. I also don't like any of the characters.

But the reason for this post is a line that Adam (Hannah's boyfriend) said. They were at the surprise wedding of Jessa and Thomas who've only known each other for a few weeks. Adam says, "Time's a rubber band."  That intrigued me because I've seen that image used in an explanation of time travel. On another level, Jeff and I started talking about getting married after dating for a month or two. (Just for the record, I'll add that we were engaged for almost two years before we got married.)

Another small thing that appealed to me: Hannah's friend and coffee shop boss, Ray is shown reading "I Capture the Castle" my favorite book and praising English women authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment