Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Writers Circle: 2012 Retreat

I arrived at Wisdom House http://www.wisdomhouse.org/ Thursday evening after meeting some of the writers for dinner in Litchfield.

I had been looking forward to this retreat for months. Yet I found myself ill at ease for some reason that I couldn't name. I wasn't feeling very social. I wasn't sure what to say when people asked what was new. I think my unease might have been related to my lackluster writing productivity.


Regardless, I felt better the next morning. I walked the labyrinth which inspired three pieces I've decided to call vignettes. I took part in discussions about writers' spaces and writers' problems. I took some photos with my cell phone; the one above is from the peace garden. I've enjoyed good meals and went to Haight-Brown Vineyard
http://www.haightvineyards.com/ for a wine and cheese tasting.

It's important to me to have a community of writers even it's only for one weekend a year.

Best of all, I've still got a day-and-a-half left.

No comments:

Post a Comment