Saturday, June 23, 2012

Relief

Things that brought me relief in the past few days:

The heat wave is over: It lasted for only about two days but it was sudden and intense, and it wiped me out. Apparently the thunderstorm Friday night cooled things down. My Saturday morning walk with Spike was our normal distance and time. Later Jeff, Spike and I ate at Nik's Place, a seasonal road-side stand near the beach and Taylor Farm dog park. After lunch, we enjoyed a sunny loop around the park cooled by a sea breeze.

Getting a good night's sleep: I've messed up my sleep patterns by staying up and sleeping in too late. This culminated in an abysmal Thursday night: I know I slept but it didn't feel as if I slept for more than a minute or two at a time. I got at least eight hours sleep Friday night and by Saturday morning felt much better.

A guilty verdict on 45 of 48 accounts against Jerry Sandusky: Sandusky is a monster. But he doesn't look the way many imagine a pedophile monster--hey, he gave to charity. I worried that if he were acquitted, it would stop many child abuse and rape survivors from coming forward. At first it seemed that the jury was taking a long time, but with the number of charges, I guess they worked quickly after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment