Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Veronica Mars Re-Watch: Season One Episode Eighteen

Weapons of Class Destruction

Veronica is investigating frequent fire drills at Neptune High for the school newspaper and discovers there have been a series of bomb threats. Could new kid Ben or former junior high bully Norris be the culprit?

But things are not what they seem: Ben is an undercover ATF agent investigating Norris because of a troubling website. Ultimately, the bomb threats and website are a hoax--an act of revenge against Norris by a former bullied classmate.

Although I enjoyed the mystery of the week, this episode is memorable for other developments.

Duncan confronts Veronica about her continuing investigation into Lilly's murder; he wonders if she thinks that he killed Lilly, The next day he withdraws $10,000 in cash from the bank and disappears.

Keith is dating Wallace's mother, Alicia/ Neither Veronica nor Wallace are keen on the idea.

Veronica is dating Leo, but she and Logan share a memorable kiss set to this song.

I wish I could be watching the scenes without knowing the end results. The clues revealed over the past few episodes seem to point to Duncan as Lilly's killer. I never really suspected him.

I was stunned by the Veronica--Logan kiss. Jeff was working that night and I remember that I practically sqeed to Spike (who was not impressed.)  The hostility between Veronica and Logan in the the pilot started to ease with The Wrath of Con, and they seemed to be renewing their friendship as Veronica searched for Lynn Echolls. But, I never expected the kiss. I couldn't wait to see what would happen with them next.


No comments:

Post a Comment