Wednesday, August 14, 2013

It's Bette Davis Day on TCM

I didn't realize that TCM's August theme is the star of the day. Luckily, I checked out the schedule yesterday. Otherwise, I would have missed Parachute Jumper at 6 AM, starring Bette and Douglas Fairbanks Junior. I've seen it before, probably only once. When I got up, I caught most of The Girl from 10th Avenue. It's no classic, but more fun than I remembered.

In addition to those two movies, I recorded Dangerous, Ex-Lady and a Johnny Carson-Bette Davis interview. I scheduled recordings of a Dick Cavett-Bette Davis interview and Payment on Demand. I watched the other selections off and on during the day--I didn't record these because I have them on DVD or have seen them several times recently.

Bette Davis day is a nice surprise-especially on days spent close to home. Plus, I'll have lots of Bette to watch in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment