Monday, August 26, 2013

True Blood Season Six

Last night after a birthday dinner with my mother, I felt a bit lost; we didn't have a HBO show to watch at 9 on Sunday night. The season's finale of True Blood was last week.

I enjoyed the season; I enjoy every season, but I feel that something is missing.

The whole Bill story confused me. I still don't know what he was.

I didn't like the Warlow subplot; he seemed to swing from nice guy to big bad to wimp to medium bad. Tying him to a post for several episodes was a snooze. And why did Sookie so easily forget he killed her parents and terrorized her? And why didn't she wonder what happened to Niall? One throwaway line on a phone message to a missing Jason didn't cut it.

Speaking of Niall--Rutger Hauer is one of Jeff's favorite actors. It was great to see him on True Blood, especially as a Stackhouse. Unfortunately, he disappeared for so many episodes, that his final appearance seemed a deus ex machina. But at least he came back from the void.

In my last True Blood post,  I said that I didn't like the Sam and Emma plotline. They resolved that fairly quickly, but it seemed pointless. I hated that Sam has become pointless as a character. Why did Alcide, formerly the most rational werewolf, suddenly become an ass?

What happened to Tara and Lafayette? They had very few lines/scenes and they are my favorites. 

I've loved Andy since Season Two ("I know that pig.") Chris Bauer shined this year dealing with his surprise children and the death of three of them. I loved his protective mode with Adilyn, his apparent reconciliation with Holly and his final scene with Jessica.

I loved the return of Sarah Newlin. I liked the governor as a enemy. I was intrigued by the vamp camp as a reaction to the excesses of the Vampire Authority in Season Five.

I'm not sure what to think of the six month later scenes, the human/uninfected vampire alliance and a roaming pack of hepatitis V-infected vamps.

I just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment