Friday, April 25, 2014

Canine Health Update

Spike had his combination wart removal and teeth cleaning procedure today. Jeff and I both dropped him off  this morning. Jeff worried about him more than I did. I figured no news is good news.

Things went well, but his incision is much larger than expected--apparently his wart was too. It's going to be biopsied. It never occurred to me that the wart could be cancerous; its mass had decreased for a while. Unfortunately by mentioning this, I gave Jeff more to worry about. I'm sure Spike is fine.

But Spike's uncomfortable. We started him on pain medications tonight, and have to limit his activities for the next 10 days.

I hope he knows that we are doing all of this for him--to make him healthy. Things should be back to normal in 10 days (a longer recuperation period than I expected.)

We love you Spike.


No comments:

Post a Comment