Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day


Happy Saint Patrick's Day.

Jeff and I continued our tradition of going out for lunch when work allows. We did have a bit of a dilemma selecting a restaurant. Our go-to place, the Sono Brewhouse closed about a month ago. We decided to go to Donovan's in South Norwalk. It offers its regular menu as well as Irish specials. I was psyched for the Irish nachos. Unfortunately, Donovan's didn't do them as well as the Brewhouse did. Donovan's uses shoestring fries as the base; the Brewhouse's waffle fries are, I mean, were much better.

We got to hear some bagpipers and received beads and funny hats. I got a plastic green derby with a Guinness ribbon. I can only describe Jeff's hat as a tall Cat in the Hat type designed to look like a pint of Guinness. I took a picture of it, but promised Jeff I wouldn't post it here. (I'm sure my four readers are distressed.)

Happy Half-Way Day Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment