Friday, March 13, 2015

What We're Watching

TV time--a review of shows that we've been watching.

In the past few weeks, we saw two season finales: Sleepy Hollow and Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce.

I never thought that Sleepy Hollow would become one of our go-to shows. We thought the promos were ridiculous. We watched the pilot because we weren't watching anything else in that timeslot. We figured we would just laugh at a stupid show about Ichabod Crane. Well, we were hooked. The stories are interesting, and the actors intriguing. Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie have a great team, or should I say, witness chemistry.

I liked A Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce. According to posts on Previously TV, I'm in the minority. It may have helped that I watched the series in bits and pieces--a few promos, a few scenes in first run episodes, a few in marathons, and full episodes on Demand. Some writing and characterizations are all over the place. I can ignore that and go with the flow. But I hated the last episode. In an entire series about divorce, the main characters decide not to divorce. Huh? At first, I thought it was going to be a situation of all the happy couples. I wouldn't have liked that. But even worse, I hate the idea that Abby would go back to Jake and then he might ditch her again because his young ex-girlfriend is pregnant.

We've also been watching Gotham. I was intrigued by the idea of a young Bruce Wayne. I liked the actor David Mazouz, who was in Touch, and Donal Logue. I suppose  many people are intrigued by the idea of seeing future bat-villains. I'm more intrigued by the settings: Gotham City is beautiful, dark, despairing and scary. We're in a hiatus now until some time in April.

New seasons of Face Off and Vikings have started. I still love Face Off though I'm concerned that the pool of contestants is drying up.The show now features three former winners as team leaders of new contestants. I wouldn't mind seeing a Face Off Masters Season, though I didn't like the Season Five set up when the veterans were pitted against the newcomers.

The new season of Vikings started last month. I'm enjoying seeing Ragnar and Lagertha in England and soon in Paris.

We've also discovered Outlander.I hadn't heard of this before, or maybe I thought it was Highlander. I saw a preview of the second season and it looked interesting. Jeff and I binge-watched Season One --catching most of it on one snow day. I'm looking forward to Season Two.



No comments:

Post a Comment