Monday, March 16, 2015

What's Cooking?

I had only my second Sunday off this year yesterday, and decided to do some cooking. I had seen this recipe in The New York Times a few weeks ago, got the ingredients and it was the perfect time to try it out.

Overall, Pasta alla Genovese is good, very good. But I'm not sure if it's worth the time. Cooking time is three-and-a-half hours. I've never been good at cutting (e.g. could never neatly cut out letters for the bulletin board in grammar school.) It took me awhile to cut the steak. Slicing boiled onions cut down on the tears, but it was challenging to cut the slippery onions.

I had bought rigatoni pasta--one of three mentioned in the recipe. I actually thought rice would have been a better match. That's not very Italian--maybe risotto instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment