Friday, January 29, 2016

Canine Visitor

This morning I was doing some SAT questions when a neighbor stopped by. She was going to the hospital and asked us to watch her dog. I was happy to help, but it was a bit overwhelming. She thought she was seriously ill; she was crying; she was worrying about who would care for her dog in the long term. She brought down a pet cart, several blankets, coats, a bed, food. She gave us some cash.

She was released from the hospital in a few hours and took her dog back home. I'm glad it was a short visit for her sake.

It was weird for us to have a dog here that wasn't Spike. We went for a walk around the block, and I realized it had been seven months since I had taken such a walk with Spike. I miss those walks. We miss Spike.

No comments:

Post a Comment