Monday, January 11, 2016

Working to Normal

My last post was hard to write. I told myself that I should write a post every day--at least until I got back in the habit of posting. Then I blew off that idea for a few days.

In the week after Spike died, I did the minimum I had to. I had two tutoring appointments, and took my mother to the eye doctor's. Then there was Christmas. Jeff and I were in no frame of mind to celebrate. But we felt obligated to participate in family events. We had some nice moments but it was very hard. Probably my favorite part of Christmas day was walking Jake. It was a warm day and it was nice to just get out where I could think and not have to be "on" for anyone.

It was a relief when Jeff and I got back home Christmas night. We ate leftover Chinese and watched The Man Who Came to Dinner and a Simpsons Christmas episode.

We spend most of the week watching TV. I discovered five season Game of Thrones marathons (one season each day.) Then a day of the Marx Brothers, The Thin Man and the countdown to the New Year. At midnight, Jeff toasted Spike.

With the New Year, I've been trying to get myself organized, do my chores, work on long term projects. Today I made some progress. I went to the gym for the second time this year; I made vegetable broth, chili, and pumpkin apple soup. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment