Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Game of Thrones is Back

I looked forward to this season premiere more than any since Season Two. Maybe because it's the last season, and it's been about two years since the last season. Overall I loved it.

The new opening credits were awesome. I loved the young boy running through streams, crowds, etc. to get a glimpse of the royal procession, mirroring both Bran and Arya of Season One. I loved that the music of both processions was the same. For the most part, the reunions were good; I would have liked more hugging and a bit more emotion. Missed seeing Lyanna and Jorah Mormont (though honestly not at the time, only after I read someone's comment.) I'm sure she'll be stern, but happy he's now fighting the dead (but not because he's loyal to Daenerys.)

The one thing I didn't like: Jon and Dany's dragon flight. I guess it was meant as a light, romantic interlude. It annoyed me; we have too much story to get through. Plus I just don't buy their great love, and the waterfall/cave with Ygritte parallel.

The final scene with Jaime and Bran was everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment