Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Walking with Lola: Photo and Poetry Edition

I've been taking several photos but haven't posted them in months.

Now's the time. Here's an old photo of Heroes Rock on the Norwalk River Valley Trail between Sharp Hill Road and Skunk Lane.



Here's another old picture with the "seating area" next to Heroes Rock.



A new addition that looks like a pillow.



I feel the same way.



All you need:


Snowy images from our walks: footprints at Oyster Shell Park. 



Sherwood Island in early March:




It's the end of National Poetry Month. I didn't make it to three Norwalk poetry events, didn't write a poem, haven't posted any since the 1st. 

Here's a poem I wrote on a January walk with Lola at Oyster Shell: 

A shroud of fog hangs over the harbor
As traffic roars by
Lola sniffs among the reeds searching for answers to questions I will never understand
A raindrop beads my eyeglasses
My exhalations--wisps of pale smoke

Still Lola sniffs and searches
As I ponder questions of my own.

Here's another poem inspired by an Oyster Shell walk:

striated shell shard
of sienna and oystershell
pocketed for study

No comments:

Post a Comment