Thursday, June 23, 2016

June is the Friday Night of Summer

I read that on Laura Vanderkam's blog. I love this idea. There have been several times in late August or so, when I lamented that I hadn't done enough summer things.

I'll start with something that we are already doing: dog park Fridays. Depending on weather and daylight savings time, dog park Fridays can extend from March into November. But they are generally a summer thing. Jeff and I try to keep Fridays open to meet with our friends.

Other summer things to do:
  • Eat lobster rolls on the water.
  • Go to the dog friendly beer garden in Stamford. (This is on the water and has food trucks so can be combined with the lobster roll to-do.)
  • Go to arts festivals: the Norwalk Art Festival is this weekend. Westport's is next month.
  • Go to outdoor concerts--just got an email today with a list of several concerts-many of them free and many in Norwalk.
  • Take Lola to other parks to hike. 
  • Go on a picnic.
This is a work in progress. I can add to this list, as I check off items. 


No comments:

Post a Comment