Wednesday, September 18, 2019

A Dress Success

We celebrated our anniversary yesterday and left today for a getaway. We are at Interlaken Inn for tonight, courtesy of two gift certificates we received for Christmas. We took a kind of shortcut in New Milford. It was a longer distance, but probably a shorter time. Lola seemed antsy after about an hour in the car, so we made a quick stop at Lovers Leap State Park. This was our first visit, and luckily Lovers Leap is dog-friendly.

Next we stopped in Kent. I had told Jeff I was hoping to miraculously find a dress for the wedding. (I wasn't happy with the dress I bought online.) Our first stop was Foreign Cargo. I've enjoyed Foreign Cargo in the past, but I hadn't had much luck there recently.

Things worked out for me today.  I saw a dress on the porch that could work. Naturally it was a small. (I wonder if I ever fit into a small.) Inside the store, I found the dress in my size. I love the dress, even if I'm not so crazy about the body in it. Sigh.

I had packed jewelry to go with my original dress and wish I had a few more things. At least, I have two sets of earrings that will work. The new dress is dressier than the first and kind of sparkly, so I don't need a necklace at all.

After all my frustrated shopping attempts, it's nice to claim a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment