Thursday, September 26, 2019

Wedding Getaway: The Wedding

Last weekend we went to West Coxsackie, New York for our niece's wedding. Lindsay wanted a barn wedding; I didn't know that was a thing. Of course, I'm not up on wedding trends. I was happy this destination wedding was somewhere we could drive to, and that we could take Lola with us.

The wedding was held at Owls Hoot Barn (a translation of the town's name.) We stayed on site in a house--very convenient.

Owls Hoot offers three outdoor wedding sites. Lindsay and Chris chose a spot on a bridge. It was sunny and warm (around 80) so we were given fans. They wrote their own vows and used a lock as part of their ceremony. I didn't expect to cry, but I did: a beautiful ceremony.

The cocktail hour offered his and her tacos and his and her drinks (Tequila Sunrise and Rose Moscow Mule respectively) among other selections.

The reception was held in the barn which was beautifully decorated with flowers and lights. The food was delicious, and the disk jockey had everyone dancing.

I didn't take any pictures. I'm sure there will be several--this is a couple who had proposal and engagement shoots.

Here's one shot I took on the grounds:


No comments:

Post a Comment