Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Book Four: Verses of the Dead by Preston & Child

I was at the Norwalk Library last Friday for a lecture on Empress Marie of the Romanov dynasty. I looked for this book and also Old Bones. I'm especially interested in Old Bones because it's a Nora Kelly novel and Nora, who first appeared in Riptideis my favorite Preston & Child character. Corrie Swanson also makes an appearance. I love her too.

Unfortunately for me, the library didn't have Old Bones. Well, I planned to read Verses for the Dead first anyway. Hopefully the library will have Old Bones next time.

In Verses for the Dead: Special Agent Pendergast investigates a series of murders in Miami Beach. The killer cuts out the victims' hearts and leaves them at gravestones of women who committed suicide.

For the first time, Pendergast has to work with a partner: Agent Coldmoon. Coldmoon has his own agenda, but is a good agent. Another Smithback makes an appearance--that was a surprise.

Verses for the Dead is a good book, though not one of Preston & Child's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment