Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Book Five: Old Bones by Preston & Child

I couldn't wait to read this book. I first heard about it last fall--a book with Nora Kelly as the main character. Then I read it also featured rookie FBI agent Corrie Swanson. I was psyched.

I requested the book be put on hold at the Norwalk Public Library either last Tuesday or Wednesday. On Friday, I was surprised to find the book already waiting for me.

Then I had a funny feeling. I hoped I wasn't too psyched for the book--that my expectations weren't too high.

Preston & Child didn't disappoint. They used the fascinating true story of the Donner Party, embellished it a bit, and added a carrier of a mysterious disease.

I enjoyed reading about the archaeological work and Corrie's work with the FBI. Hope to read about Nora and Corrie working together again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment