Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Mid-Week Miscellany

It's hard to believe that January is already gone. It seemed to fly by. Next week is Valentine's Day, and February will be half over.

Jeff and I were talking about going out for Valentine's Day. We don't like the special expensive menus, and places will probably be crowded. Valentine's Day is also the day we can begin drinking again. We'll probably go out for a drink and pick up sushi and come home. Maybe watch a movie.

I'm continuing with a good gym routine: I've already gone to the gym more this year than I did through April last year. I'm walking with Lola most days with an occasional weekend day off. I try to think about things I can be writing as we walk.

We enjoyed two days with 50 degree temperatures this week. I took Lola to Cranbury Park and the west side of NRVT in Wilton. I have to say we've had a mild winter. I am hesitant to write this, as if the gods of winter will suddenly wake up and hit us with cold and snow. As much as I'd like to see mild weather until spring officially arrives, I know it's still winter and we're due some tough winter weather.

I'm still working on cleaning/organizing. It's a slow process. I've got tax papers all over the dining room table, along with a few other papers to be filed. I won't get one 1099 until next week and then I want to have everything ready for the accountant. I'm missing one of my mother's 1099's, so I have to track that down. 

I took a box of boots, hats, and pocketbooks to Goodwill today. Yesterday I took things to PAWS (a leash, pee pads, and a few other things.) It's not much, but at least those things are out of this place. Small successes. 

It looks like a wash-out for tomorrow. I'll make it a homebody day--do laundry, make butternut squash and carrot soup, do more organizing work. Find some dry time to get out with Lola.   

No comments:

Post a Comment