Saturday, February 8, 2020

Love Songs of the 1960's

Jeff and I went to a concert at the Norwalk Library last night. I was interested because I heard Jim Clark at another event at the library. I wasn't familiar with the other musicians.

Here are the songs I remember: My Guy, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?, It's My Party, Blowing in the Wind, And I Love Her, Wouldn't It Be Nice?, Stop in the Name of Love, Scarborough Fair/Afro Blue, I'll Never Fall in Love Again, The Look of Love, I Say a Little Prayer, and What the World Needs Now. 

I really liked the idea of the program, and I liked all these songs, but I thought there were other songs that would have been better choices than My Guy, It's My Party, Stop in the Name of Love, I Say a Little Prayer, and I'll Never Fall in Love Again. 

I think As Tears Go By or Time is on My Side by the Rolling Stones, Because by the Dave Clark Five, You Really Got a Hold on Me by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, Can't Help Myself  by the Four Tops, and Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell/Judy Collins would have been better. Four Burt Bacharach songs were too much.

Oh well, no one put me in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment