Thursday, February 20, 2020

Six Days Later

My last post was a short one on Valentine's Day. I started another about the holiday weekend. Then we lost Internet, cable, and our landline. We had a new system installed last Tuesday. The company gave us a three hour window and arrived within a half hour. Pretty painless.

Then the secondary box in the bedroom died. I made a few attempts to trouble shoot with no luck. A technician came out on Saturday; he told us we had been given a refurbished box, not a new one. Some of the refurbished boxes weren't completely refurbished--they were looking for their old systems. So much for a fun afternoon.

We had slow Internet on Monday and painfully slow Internet on Tuesday.  A tech's attempts to fix the problem remotely led to us losing all services in the main box. I was stuck home all day yesterday waiting for another tech to squeeze us in. I'm sick of dealing with cable problems. Hopefully the new system will finally work.

***
Besides dealing with Cablevision, Jeff and I had sushi on Valentine's Day with chocolate mousse cake for dessert after drinks and appetizers at Sedona Tap House (Wagyu beef sliders and Zen martinis.) When we got home, I realized I had lost one of my new earrings--an origami crane from the Carolina Raptor Center. On Saturday, we returned to Sedona Tap House, but my earring wasn't there. Bummer. Since we were there, we had beer and salmon sliders.

***
We learned that Fat Cat Pie Company was closing after 16 years because its building had been sold. We used to go there often. We had birthday parties there, celebrated its tenth anniversary, attended fundraisers and other events. Fat Cat was an important part of the revitalization of Norwalk's Wall Street. We'll miss it and hope it returns in some new incarnation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment