Friday, July 10, 2020

Book 14: Gideon's Sword by Preston & Chlld

I'm ambivalent about this book, the first in the Gideon Crew series.

I read it in four days, so obviously it was readable; it kept me turning pages. For the most part, the chapters were short (as they often are in Preston & Child books.) Short chapters make it easy to pick up the book at any time for a quick read.

After a successful attempt at revenge and redemption for his father, Gideon is recruited to find a scientist who may be defecting with a secret weapon that could change the balance of power completely.

I didn't particularly like Gideon Crew. While it's not necessary to like a main character to like a book, it helps. In previous Preston & Child books, I liked/loved Pendergast, D'Agosta, Margo, Nora, Laura, and Corrie. (I won't talk about the standalone books without Nora.)

My brother sent me three other Gideon Crew books. I'll read them and see if my opinion changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment