Thursday, July 16, 2020

Writing Class Update

I've had two sessions of my summer creative writing class on Zoom due to Covid-19. I thought it could be a letdown because I really loved my Flash and Micro Fiction Class. But I am loving this class too. In our first class, we wrote about memorable summer foods.

Our homework was to write about a summer person. I wrote about a 17-year-old girl who worked in a candy shop at the Jersey Shore. My story was inspired by my cousin, but it wasn't her story. I liked it as I wrote it. But after hearing some stories in class, I thought that maybe my story wasn't so good, after all. I ended up getting some nice compliments. It reminded me not to compare my stories to other writers' works. 

Our homework for this week is a theme of late at night. The complication is that we have to write an A to Z story. The first sentence begins with A, the second with B, etc. for a 26 sentence story. 

I wrote a story on Monday and read it to Jeff. He caught that I had skipped the letter J. D’oh. That was fairly easy to fix, but I wasn't crazy about my story after L. I rewrote the second half of the story on Tuesday and put it aside. 

I'll take another look in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment