Monday, July 13, 2020

TV Time

Covid-19 has shut down TV production as well as many other things. I have to say that we really haven't noticed the lack of new TV. 

Jeff and I have gotten used to long breaks between seasons: Homeland was on hiatus for two years before it returned. I'm not sure if The Last King was on hiatus for a long time or if Jeff and I just didn't get around to watching it.

We recently watched Turn: Washington's Spies. Apparently it had been on AMC, but I only heard about it once it came to Netflix. I enjoyed seeing the story of a spy ring that had been secret for almost 200 years. I appreciated hearing about Anna Strong, a character on the show, referenced in a lecture about women during the Revolutionary War.

We've been watching Snowpiercer. It took a few episodes to get into it, but we like it. We've also been enjoying BBC America reruns of Deep Space Nine,

Luckily, there are many other movies and shows. We won't have trouble finding something to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment