Monday, August 10, 2020

Solo Outing

Saturday I realized that I needed to go out on my own. I hadn't been out by myself for fun since February. First I got cash and gas. Then I realized I wasn't sure where to go.

Saturday wasn't the best day to go on an outing. I figured the beach would be too crowded. I wasn't sure if any galleries were open. I headed to Home Goods. I thought I might get an olive oil mister or a nice notebook. I didn't find either. Many of the shelves were bare. I was disappointed.

What to do next? I thought a glass of sangria would be nice. I didn't want to go to South Norwalk. It's often crowded, and I didn't want to pay to park. I remembered Barcelona at Waypointe. I had to wait for five to 10 minutes to get an outside table--I'm not comfortable eating inside a restaurant yet. I ordered grilled zucchini and white sangria. The zucchini was okay; I figured I would never order it with Jeff and have had some good fried zucchini in the past. The sangria was delicious.

I got a text from Jeff that he and Lola were at 1420 Distillery, so I joined them there for a drink.

I think about my plan to see the Mexican Muralists exhibition: it's still to be rescheduled. I don't know if I'll make it. I had planned a whole day in the city: a minor blip on all that that Covid-19 delayed and destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment