Friday, August 21, 2020

Walks with Lola

Yesterday was beautiful: sunny with high temperatures in the 70's and low humidity. I took Lola to Cranbury Park. We hadn't been there since early February. The winds of Isaias hit the park hard. We saw several downed trees, most had been pushed off the trails, some sawed, and some we had to walk over.

I let Lola take the lead on hikes unless she wants to go a muddy trail or if we're pressed for time. I  was surprised that she didn't head for trails behind the dog field. She usually goes from the Blue to the Green to the Yellow Trail. Yesterday we walked the trail behind the dog field, mansion, and carriage house to the main entrance and then to our car.

I saw this well that I must have driven by hundreds if not thousands of times. You see so much more by walking.




Today we took a long walk around the neighborhood. Lola has recently expanded her normal walks. She started down hospital hill, but then I led her on streets she hadn't been before (down Phillips to Ferris and back up Truman to Magnolia) We talked to a beagle fan watering his lawn, and then saw this a few door down;




 Beagles  rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment