Friday, August 14, 2020

TV Time: Netflix Edition

How To Get Away With Murder: We started to watch this a few weeks ago. I got really into it from the beginning; Jeff-not so much. He didn't like the non-linear nature of the story-telling with flashbacks and flashforwards. He's fine with that in movies, but thought it was too much in a series. So I watched on my own. I wanted to at least finish the first season, but then there was a cliffhanger that sucked me in. I kept watching--all six seasons.

I loved the show. Viola Davis was wonderful. I was blown away by the scene where she removes her wig and make-up; I later learned it was Viola's idea. I also especially liked the work of Amirah Vann, Timothy Hutton, Cicely Tyson, Amy Madigan, Jimmy Smits, Esai Morales, Laura Innes, and Glynn Turman.

All of the characters were as corrupt (in one way or another) as the US justice system. I never did figure out what was going to happen next. I'm glad I watched this on Netflix. I would have been upset to have to wait during the broadcast breaks.


The Good Place: When Eleanor Shellstrop is hit by truck and dies, she finds herself in a tiny house filled with clown portraits in The Good Place. But something is amiss; all of good deeds that have gotten her there are not true. Since Eleanor doesn't want to go to The Bad Place, she tries to become a better person and fit in. After all, what could go wrong? This is a fun look at the afterlife. Kristen Bell and Ted Danson make a good team.

No comments:

Post a Comment