Saturday, December 5, 2020

Hawks

Jeff, Lola, and I went for a walk from Mathews to Oyster Shell on Friday mid-morning before it started to rain. It was a surprisingly nice day, hard to believe that two days of rain were forecast.

As we walked a loop around Oyster Shell, I thought how nice it would be to see a hawk. A few seconds later, I thought I saw one in a tree. I knew I was right when it flew to another tree. I took a few pictures but they weren't any good.

We walked through Sono as Lola lead us through Iron Works. She remembers that we've eaten at The Spread and El Segundo and always hopes we'll return for a meal--not likely in this colder weather. As we walked back through Oyster Shell, I saw a hawk on a lamppost up on the hill. 

I walked up and took several pictures. then I saw another hawk. I didn't quite get what I wanted, but here they are. 









One hawk was a Red-tailed hawk; the other looked similar but I didn't get a good look at its tail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment