Sunday, December 13, 2020

This Week

We had a lot going on this week. Monday morning, the plumbers came: we had two slow draining bathroom sinks. I called them on Thursday; this was the longest wait we ever had with them. One plumber told me they were finding kids' toys down drains. At least Jeff and I don't have that problem. The painter Ray showed up unexpectedly on Friday. I had run into him earlier this week and reminded him that we had some issues in our bedroom and half bath (presumably from the neighbor above us.) Unfortunately, Ray arrived as we were getting ready to take Lola to the vet. He waited until we returned and patched up both ceiling areas. He'll be back tomorrow to finish up.

We finished decorating for Christmas and presents are trickling in. I shopped for every gift except one online. I still need some stocking stuffers. I'd also like to get Lola some kind of light raincoat. 

It's been just under two weeks since my last writing class. Since then I listened to a session from the Westport Writers' Workshop about how to keep writing during the holidays. I need this kind of advice year-round. I wrote a 722-word story. I'm proud of that, but it's not enough--not nearly enough. 

I had my penultimate Mixed Media and Collage class on Tuesday. The instructor is offering another session. But I don't plan to take it. There is a Gelli Plate Printmaking Workshop that I think I'll take instead. As part of the workshop, I'll get some supplies. I think it will be fun to try some new techniques. 

Since I've been in two classes, I can submit two pieces in the next Student/Teacher Show at Rowayton Arts Center. I have to frame my submissions, and I wondered if the cost was worth it for a vanity project. A classmate mentioned the framing requirement, and Mari the instructor said something like get frames from Michael's that can be reused. So I guess I'll check that out. It will be fun to say that I have work displayed in an art show. Maybe I can start to think of myself as a artist after all. 

Lola seems back to her normal self today. We took her for a long walk on the Wilton branch of the Norwalk River Valley Trail. It was about 60 degrees today, but rain and snow are predicted in the next few days. Ugh. 

To close out the weekend, we discovered a new leak in our full bath ceiling. It's not a bad leak, so--plumbers will come tomorrow morning. Oh joy. At least the painter will already be here to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment